At 09:01 -0700 1/8/17, Monique Semp wrote:

>What about just including an appropriate icon as an image (so the Excel
>worksheet symbol, for example), and hyperlinking it to the external file in
>the same way one would add a URL?

I vaguely remember having done this in the past when I wanted to emulate a web
page in FrameMaker. From memory, using anchored frames I overlaid the icon
graphic with a transparent area of the same size and hyperlinked the remote
file to the transparent area.

If this doesn't make sense, John, I'll dig out some files and try to do a
forensic drains-up on them.

--
Steve