What happens if you run FrameMaker in Windows 8 compatibility mode?

1. Right-click on the application icon
2. Choose Properties
3. Open the tabbed page Compatibility
4. Choose Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows 8
5. Click OK

-j

On 2018-05-05 20:16, Oran Petersen wrote:
On May 2nd I upgraded all 4 of my Win 10 machines to the latest build, 1803. This is a
major do for Win 10. Today I unsuccessfully attempted to create a PDF from Frame. Save As
PDF, Print, Print to file, etc. all gave the same FrameMaker error: "Cannot print
because the selected default printer is not compatible with FrameMaker. (cannot query
escape 768)". I changed the default printer and tried different methods with the
same results. I tested both FrameMaker 2017 (TCS) and FrameMaker 2015. I tried two
different computers, one with 2015. Same results. Creating a PDF from Word or other non
Adobe apps works fine.
I then rolled back Win 10 1803 to the previous build, and all became well. Bear
in mind that unless you disable the builds, it will come back like the build
from hell. I created one PDF, and then checked Win Updates. It was already
installing 1803 again within about 10 minutes. I paused it to shut it down.
If anyone has a cure for this please let all of us know. I see this as a major
bug between Adobe and Microsoft that they will have to fix. It is amazing to me
that two major Adobe products, both part of a common suite, stop talking due to
a Win OS upgrade.
If you have more info on this, please share.
Oran Petersen

Johan Anglemark

Tel: 0708-65 10 88