I found the webpages that discuss the problem with this search:
https://www.google.com/search?q=Cannot+query+escape+768

Here are some of the pages that give solutions:
https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2491654
https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2476727

--
Shmuel Wolfson
Technical Writer

On 27-May-18 7:53 PM, Ken Poshedly wrote:
Here's something I didn't need to have happen on a Saturday night. And I suspect the cause seems to be Windows 10 updates.

Worked on some FM 10.0 files Saturday morning and all was well and was able to print to my Samsung C1810W color laserjet printer.

I knew Windows had downloaded updates the night before because I was prompted to do a restart. I postponed the restart until I completed my work. Sometime later in the day on Saturday when I was out cutting the lawn, the automatic restart occurred and the Windows 10 updates finished installing.

Late that night when I tried to print in FrameMaker, I got a pop-up with "FrameMaker" in the top left corner and the statement, "Cannot print because the selected default printer is not compatible with FrameMaker. (Cannot query escape 768.)" This also occurred when I tried to print to the "Adobe" printer as well.

By the way, it prints a Word file just fine. And NO, I did not diddle with FM or do anything else today with it.

After doing some online searching, I learned how to go back to the previous Windows 10 "build" and now can print once more from FM.

But now I'm paranoid about Windows 10 updates once more screwing with my settings. I am aware that I can somehow install only the updates I want but not others.

So what gives and how to end this predicament? Details please.