From: Framers <framers-bounces+jackdeland=comcast....@lists.frameusers.com>
On Behalf Of Shmuel Wolfson
Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2018 12:35 PM
To: Etzel, Gary <gary.et...@dnvgl.com>; Framers - frameusers.com
<framers@lists.frameusers.com>
Subject: Re: [Framers] list members not using FrameMaker now

But Frame supports HTML5, so where is the advantage in Flare as far as that?

On 26-Jun-18 7:20 PM, Etzel, Gary wrote:
> I'll come out of lurking for a minute to add my name to the list of
recovering Frame addicts. And we were serious FrameMaker junkies, too. We're
the people who wrote the Sourcerer plugin, if that name rings a bell.
Sourcerer evolved directly into all of Russ Ward's great structured
FrameMaker plugins at West Street Consulting, all of which we used for many
years to develop and extremely intricate workflow. But times change. For us,
we saw that HTML5 output was the future of our Online Help needs. When we
compared Frame/RoboHelp to Flare, and Adobe to MadCap, it wasn't even close.
That was several years ago. We're Flare junkies now and couldn't be happier.

> I lurk here to keep tabs on what's going on in the FrameMaker world, but
I've never seen anything that will make me second guess our decision to
switch to Flare. FrameMaker is a great tool and still has a role in the
TechComm world. But I will say again, very respectfully, that times change
and we need to change with them or risk becoming as obsolete as the software
products we love.

> Best regards,
>
> Gary Etzel

> **************** This e-mail and any attachments thereto may contain
> confidential information and/or information protected by intellectual
property rights for the exclusive attention of the intended addressees named
above. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately
notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this message and its
attachments. Unauthorized use, copying or further full or partial
distribution of this e-mail or its contents is prohibited.