I created a Visio diagram by pasting a photograph onto a sheet and adding a
text label, then grouping the two together and saving the file first as a
Visio diagram (.vsdx) and then as an SVG file. Visio is set to
automatically display SVG files in a web browser so I can check that things
converted correctly. They seemed to; both the picture and the text label
showed up.

But when I import that same SVG file into FrameMaker, the only thing that's
visible is the text label I added. Even though the anchored graphic imports
at a size indicating that the entire SVG graphic is there, the photograph
isn't visible.

At the moment I'm converting to JPG so I can get a visible image, but I'm
wondering if this is a Visio issue (doubting: it shows up correctly in the
browser), or a FrameMaker issue, or something I haven't the knowledge of to
even suspect.

Has anyone encountered this before? Is it known what might be the cause? Is
there a fix so I can use SVG? (NB: We use SVG because we produce PDFs, and
if someone zooms in or out the graphic doesn't get grainy 'n stuff.)

Also, is it just me or has the list been very, VERY quiet the last couple
of weeks?
--
Lin Sims