The one user I referred to just came out of the shadows :-).

-----Original Message-----
From: Framers <framers-bounces+rick=rickquatro....@lists.frameusers.com> On
Behalf Of Carol J. Elkins
Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2018 4:09 PM
To: kl...@daube.ch; An email list for people using Adobe FrameMaker
software. <framers@lists.frameusers.com>
Subject: Re: [Framers] Are "point-pages" still in use?

Hi Klaus,

I continue to use point pages and Rick's plug-ins to maintain them.
Point pages are critical to a couple of rail industry books that I manage
that govern how trains are operated in interchange. One book is updated
quarterly; the other every six months. Pagination must be kept frozen
between the annual releases of these books. Although they are available as a
PDF download, the changed pages in the interim releases are printed in
hardcopy and mailed to subscribers. If changes to a page cause text to
reflow to an extent that creates a new page, then I must create point pages
for those pages. For those who have never heard of such a thing, point pages
are decimal-defined pages that are inserted between regular pages. For
example, pages 102, 103, 104, 104.1, 104.2, 105, 106.

Carol