Turns out the issue was with the Numbering setting for paragraphs, set
at the book level.  It had been set to Continue paragraph numbering,
which meant the numbered list in the LOP format continued from the
previous LOP.  Setting the Numbering to Restart paragraph numbering
fixed the issue.

Somehow I overlooked that in this file.

Apparently the Numbering setting for the other 3 generated files can
be set to Continue without causing a problem because those generated
files are all different (TOC, LOM, LOP).  The problem showed only in
the second of two LOP files, which makes sense.

Thanks everyone for your input.

Doug