Where but on a FrameMaker list would you find an expert opinion about
when it's the wrong tool for a particular job?

Doing complicated topic reuse using FrameMaker's conditional text is
possible, but it's a painful and time-consuming kludge compared with
tools that make it easy to assemble multiple books from a pool of
topics.

The tradeoff is that FrameMaker is better at PDFs than any of those tools.