Hi Rick,

I suspect a table is involved because of the error message, but all I notice in
the XML and structure view is that the 'title' element tags are removed, and
its text is then in the 'first_aid' element, which is not valid. In Frame, I
can select this title text and then wrap it in the 'title' element, and that
will validate. Frame will save the xml file with the 'title' element intact,
but when the xml is then reopened, the title element is removed again.

Related to your question, actual 'table' elements are converted to 'Table'
elements and then 'Row' elements are inserted. Those elements are undefined and
appear elsewhere. The above just seemed to be an easier issue to get through as
there are still several...

I'm fairly certain I have valid xml for the dtd, I just have problems with my
structured application and am not sure where to look. I built the edd from a
supplied dtd and imported the elements into a template file, but I do not map
any formatting in the edd (it was simply built from the dtd). Then the rw rules
are just from Adobe's structured app reference manual.

I think there is something making Frame expect the 'title' element in a table
and there is a connection to Frame's Table Title, but I don't see where that is
defined. I suspect something is missing from my rw-rules file, which looks as
such:

fm version is "12.0";
/*
* Include all ISO entity mapping rules.
*/
#include "isoall.rw"

element "xref" {
is fm cross reference element "Xref";
attribute "formatprop" is fm property cross-reference format;
}

element "table" {
is fm table element "Table";
attribute "frame"
{
is fm property table border ruling;
value "top" is fm property value top;
value "bottom" is fm property value bottom;
value "topbot" is fm property value top and bottom;
value "all" is fm property value all;
value "sides" is fm property value sides;
value "none" is fm property value none;
}
attribute "colsep" is fm property column ruling;
attribute "rowsep" is fm property row ruling;
attribute "numcols" is fm property columns;
attribute "colwidths" is fm property column widths;
}

element "tablehead" {
is fm table heading element "TableHead";
}
element "tablebody" {
is fm table body element "TableBody";
}
element "row" {
is fm table row element "Row";
}
element "cell" {
is fm table cell element "Cell";
}

element "graphic" {
is fm graphic element "Graphic";
writer anchored frame {
notation is "CGM";
export to file "$(docname).cgm";
}
}

Thanks,

C2

Hi C2,

Is the <first_aid> element being converted to a FrameMaker table?

Rick

Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing Inc.
r...@frameexpert.com