Hi Pat,

maybe you find these blog posts helpful:

https://blogs.adobe.com/techcomm/2018/08/framemaker-2019-release.html
https://blogs.adobe.com/techcomm/2018/10/framemaker-2019-update-1.html
https://blogs.adobe.com/techcomm/2018/12/framemaker-2019-update-2.html

Regarding your specific questions:

*   Add/delete workspace menus: Can you actually delete (or hide) menus or is
this just the custom workspace function from 2017? Is there anything
new/notable about it?

The functionality is the same as in FM 2017.
Like in previous releases, you can modify the menus by editing the cfg files in
the user profile folder. But that's a little bit advanced stuff and needs to be
handled carefully . You can find the cfg files in the user profile folder:
%appdata%\Adobe\FrameMaker\15\WorkSpaces

*   Enhanced mini-TOC: How is it enhanced?

There are no changes regarding this. Is there anything specific that you would
like to see enhanced?

*   Resize pods: 2017 lets me resize pods now. What's new here?

A few more pods and dialogs have been made resizable in 2019 release.

*   Smart filters in pods: What is this?

It's a small text box in pods like the paragraph catalog, where you can type in
and then the list of entries gets filtered accordingly. E.g. in the paragraph
designer, you might type in "h" or and it will filter the list to paragraph
styles that have an "h" in the style name (like "Heading1," "Heading2,"  or
"Hazard Statement"). The functionality was implemented for paragraph, character
and table styles, and the Elements pod.
It's especially nice, when you have a lot of styles in your style catalog. In
the first blog post mentioned above, you can find a small video showing this.

  *   From the Update 1 information, it appears the PDF generation function has
been fixed and the app now scales across monitors. Have you found this to be
true?
For me yes. Would be interesting to get feedback from other users as well :-)

Regards,
Stefan Gentz
Adobe Worldwide TechComm Evangelist

I'm doing some research on the "new" and "improved" features in FM 2019. We
haven't purchased or downloaded a trial so I'm limited to the information I
find online. Adobe lists features that I can't find any information on (at
least, not using the terminology in their announcements) in the 2019 Help or
User Guide, so I hope someone in the group can clarify these.

  *   Add/delete workspace menus: Can you actually delete (or hide) menus or is
this just the custom workspace function from 2017? Is there anything
new/notable about it?
  *   Enhanced mini-TOC: How is it enhanced?
  *   Resize pods: 2017 lets me resize pods now. What's new here?
  *   Smart filters in pods: What is this?
  *   From the Update 1 information, it appears the PDF generation function has
been fixed and the app now scales across monitors. Have you found this to be
true?

Thanks.

Pat Christenson
Senior Technical Writer, Client Education Morningstar, Inc.
pat.christen...@morningstar.com<mailto:pat.christen...@morningstar.com>

Explore complimentary learning
opportunities<http://corporate1.morningstar.com/Morningstar-Direct-Training/>