I must not have been clear.

I know you can reset the color using Change Bar Properties. The annoyance
is you can only do it on a file-by-file or a book-by-book basis.

I don't want to have to go into Change Bar Properties to do this. I want it
to be part of the default preferences I can set for FrameMaker, so that
when I turn the automatic change bar property on, I don't also have to set
the color and position, it is already set the way I want. In other words, I
want to be able to go into something like the Preferences screen and say,
make my change bars red anytime I have them on.

As I said, kinda petty, but I figure if they can automatically set it to
default to Black, there's no reason the default color can't be set to some
other color, right?

Oddly, I appear to have given the same response Monique gave back in
February to someone in the Adobe Forums who wanted to do something similar.
:D Funny how things come around, innit?

--
Lin Sims