I find this an interesting grammatical/ topographical challenge. 16, as a sole
adjective modifying bit(s), seems'isolated', regardless of narrative or
referential context. "16 bits make a double byte".But it gets muddy in my mind
when it's a compound "16-bit" adjective. Sure,  "16-bit processor " makes total
sense to me. But "the processor is 16 bit" makes as much sense, even though
that is an adjective. I'm ignoring, for this post, referential stat stuff:
units and measures are adjectives and nouns, in tables or whatnot. No hyphen. I
look forward to more thoughts! Weird corner case....DavidDCA:d.a.d
-------- Original message --------From: Doug <dbailey4...@gmail.com> Date:
9/23/19  18:36  (GMT-05:00) To: "An email list for people using Adobe
FrameMaker software." <framers@lists.frameusers.com> Subject: Re: [Framers]
[WTF ramemaker] "16-bit" or "16 bit" ???? > For example, "the auxiliary data
bus is 16 bits wide".Or another way: "It features an 16-bit auxiliary data
list's homepage at  http://www.frameusers.comArchives located at
http://www.mail-archive.com/framers%40lists.frameusers.com/Subscribe and
unsubscribe at
http://lists.frameusers.com/listinfo.cgi/framers-frameusers.comSend