Good morning, guys...

I'm working my way through a conditional tag implementation and its 2 steps
forward, one back.

Here's the gist.

I have 19 SMEs who are contributors of content...some only a few pages
worth, and some who complete files.

I've defined the 19 conditional tags, plus one for Undefined, assigned to
topics where we don't know YET who the SME should be.

I've defined all the conditions in a template document, then used it to
copy the conditions to every file as a format import.

For testing, I apply the Condition by displaying the file, pressing CTRL-A
to select everything, then apply the condition. I do this for every file in
the whole book and when I select the whole content, the Condition indicator
shows an X, I then went back to several files and the content in the files
is showing or not showing as appropriate. Everything to this point is hunky
dory and at this point is where it goes south.

Running the TOC. For some reason, even though nothing is displayed on the
page (I've run PDFs to look at some of the pages, they STILL generate a
line entry when I run the TOC.

When I PDF the book, I get a PDF with lots of blank pages except for the
page's header and footer.

Question.. what DOES appear on each blank page is the header and footer.
Would that be enough to reserve a spot on the TOC? Even if so, the Heading
styles are not showing, from where would the TOC be taking its content from?

Question: Is it possible that the conditional feature was never designed to
exclude whole pages?

Question...do I need to design a Master Page that doesn't contain a header
and footer?

Thanks, sorry this is so long.

--
John Posada