I also seem to recall a setting that affected whether a document loaded all graphics in a file up front, or as you scroll to them. The first method, loads the .fm file more slowly, but, once loaded, the graphics appeared quickly when scrolling. The alternate setting makes the .fm file load fast because it didn't load graphics unless they actually scroll onto the screen. Unfortunately, I can't remember what that setting was, nor could I find it. Maybe it will give a hint that allows someone else to chime in.

Mike