Hi Tammmy - voice from the past here :-)

>Does anyone know where the dictionary file/files live for FM12 and is it
>possible to get a pristine copy of these files and replace the current ones?
>I have absolutely NO idea how/what started this, but my dictionary function
>in FM12 is shot to h*ll in a handbasket. It's FM12 so lord knows there
>haven't been updates to it since the dawn of time, and I haven't deactivated
>it and reinstalled since I set up this system (10 Win, 64 bit), which was
>well over 3.5 years ago. Words that are spelled correctly are being flagged
>as incorrectly spelled and I can't add new words, and then the suggested
>corrections are even wrong. For example, the word "potential" is flagged in
>one of my files, and the "correction" for it is "potentials" (yep, w/ an
>"s") and I can't even click Allow in Document to stop flagging "potential."

Klaus has written a helpful guide to FM dictionaries here:

<https://www.daube.ch/docu/files/FMdict-en.pdf>

which might help. There is a subfolder 'dict' in the FM file tree that (in my
FM 12 installation at least) contains the site dictionary. The remainder of the
language dictionaries seem to be in the subfolder 'AMT', although these have a
.zdct extension rather than a '.dct' extension.

It rather sounds as if a reinstall is your get-out here, but others may have
better ideas.

--
Steve