It's a no-brainer, Lin! It's "social distancing. :)

Seriously, I'm sure you have tried changing the source, say, with a
different word, or if it's a text variable try plain text, or is a
character tag applied, or if it's a corporate-name font, swap it, etc. Is
the font customized to apply special kerning or spacing to specific glyph
pairs?