Hi All,

Looking for insight into this trend. In my company, Pubs has generally reported
to Marketing, historically a Director. The years have dwindled the organization
and Pubs now reports to Marketing Communications Manager, who reports to the
Field Operations Director (manages product marketing, customer service, and
business/sales development- not the field sales organization though). The
Marcom Manager has resigned and I am being offered that position. That means a
transition from pubs manager out of the department into the Macom group. I will
retain responsibility for both groups and there is no plan to hire a new pubs
manager.

I've looked on the web for what could be a more suitable title for a dual role,
or how would an amalgamated group be identified? The company is locked into a
formal employee/salary management system (radford) so options may be limited
anyway. I'd sure not ask for director status as there are no other managers,
but leaving the pubs group for a marcom title has me thinking... it also seems
salary ranges slightly favor publications, but this is considered an
advancement here and with more pay.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Ctwo