OK,

This is kinda' a combination question, and I hope that I can articulate the
issue what I am running into. I have many Excel charts/graphics that I must
incorporate into a manual. My SME has provided these graphics in an Excel
spreadsheet, with one graphic per tab/sheet.

I have Excel 2016, and there is a known issue that Microsoft NEVER bothered to
fix in that the Save As Picture option on the graphic context menu (right-click
the any border of the graphic to open the context menu) just got nuked/blown
away after some long ago updates and never added back in to the menu, so the
workaround is to right-click the graphic, select Copy, and then Paste the
copied graphic into a blank PPT slide. You can then right-click on the graphic
in PPT and the Save as Picture option is there, so I do this and then save the
picture as a PNG and it looks just as expected with borders, legends . . .
Nothing is missing in the pasted graphic.

Now, in both the pasted graphic in PPT and in the saved PNG when opened in
SnagIT, the bottom border of the graphic is clearly displayed - you can see all
four borders (top, bottom, and right and left sides); however, when I then
import the graphic by reference into an anchored frame in Framemaker (2019,
64-bit), the bottom border NEVER shows - I thought that maybe it was just a
display funkiness in the source file, but when I save the source file as a PDF,
and open the PDF and even increase the magnification, the bottom border is just
not showing, so after I save the chart as a PNG in SnagIt, I then have to
manually draw in the bottom border over the bottom border that is already
displayed and then I can save the PNG and import it and the bottom border
shows. Does this even  make sense?

If anyone has any ideas as to why I am seeing this quirk and what to do about
it, I would sincerely appreciate it.

TVB

Tammy Van Boening
Tammy dot vanboening at spectrumwritingllc dot com
www.spectrumwritingllc.com