On 3/22/07, Preston Lee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I haven't received a response on openmoko-devel so I'm hoping someone here
can shed some light.

I'm a developer potentially looking to help support Java on OpenMoko.  I'm
personally interested in seeing MIDP capabilities so existing apps can run
out-of-the-box.

What's the overall status and direction of Java support?
What can industry folks such as myself do to help?

Preston

There is no plan yet, but any work on the issue is very welcome. However,
it's not a highest priority in the community and may not be a priority at
all for some. OpenMoko after all is an attempt to create a platform on which
the community can actually write native apps. I personally would welcome
Java support.

OpenEmbedded already has classpath and jamvm, which I personally haven't
tested.

And also this? Is there any activity?
http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/openmoko-devel/2007-March/000748.html

Hope this helps,