Hi everyone,

We (the dev team) have been crunching for a 3.2 release in early October,
one of the things I want to improve is the module loader and caching
systems. The idea is to make the framework much less memory hungry and to
cache all of the fields which are not normally dynamic. So far, the best
new module loader implementation requires a small change to the format of
the Metasploit modules, one which is not backwards compatible.

Most Metasploit modules have the following syntax:

---
module Msf
class Exploit::Remote::Windows::Ftp::SomeOverflow < Exploit::Remote

def initialize
..
end

end
end
---

The module format change would result in this becoming:

---
class Metasploit3 < Msf::Exploit::Remote
def initialize
..
end

end
---

I was able to script up this change to the existing module tree, but
third-party modules would need to be updated to match. This also solves
the problem where modules which dont have a class path matching their
directory structure are not loaded, which in turn makes it easier to add
new third-party modules.

Thoughts?

-HD