On Mar 13, 2006, at 9:41 AM, Martin Aspeli wrote:
Raphael Ritz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
Add bulk export here as well.

My number one use case for this is actually migration.
Imagine getting rid of in-place migrations by simply dumping your
content from the old site as some XML file and importing it into the
new one after configuring it to your needs, e.g. using a snapshot
created via GenericSetup.

There is actually some support for this in CMF by now (content setup
or similar)

Yes. I'm hoping Rob Miller will champion this, since he seems to be leading the effort around GenericSetup and was talking about the benefits of it for migrations. Marshall, xmlio, GenericSetup, ArcheCSV ... there needs to be some
clarity about what works and what's possible.

hmm... not sure i can, actually. i'm very interested in getting this working, and i'll provide guidance and help, of course, but i expect i'll be pretty busy focusing on member management and general cmf 2.X related stuff, this may be more than i can commit to.

sashav tried to get kapil's GenericSetup-based ContentSetup product working at the snow sprint, but failed, and ended up having better success w/ jens's XMLForest product. maybe we can get more help from him. and maybe i'll have more time than i think, who knows, but i would recommend against counting on me for this.

-r