Vincenzo Di Somma <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> >  #119 -- Contextual help: This is end-user, context sensitive help. I've
> > got
> > some code that does this, based on a custom catalog and AT content, that is
> > fairly complete but needs some polishing. Again, a re-evaluation of this in
> > terms of Z3 concepts would be welcome.
>
> do you have any idea about how much impact on the performance will have
> this feature ?

The PloneContextHelp product uses a separate ZCatalog to keep track of this, and
is quite performant - one catalog query per request, basically, and no waking up
of objects until you actually request a help page. It has optional TALES
evaluation, but this is the last thing that's evaluated, and it doesn't depend
on any objects besides the current navigation context being woken up.