Hi Hanno,

I'm happy to write the plone / plone.app announcement, and I can write the bit about guidelines for when to use them. However, I'm not too sure how we do the svn organisation.

 - are we recommending people use ZopeSkel?
 - with what options?
 - how should they do the import?

I'd love for us to have some canonical documentation for this e.g. at http://plone.org/documentation/manual/plone-developer-reference/conventions/version-control that I can refer to in the announcement.

I can help write that, but I'd like to get someone more familiar with this (Hanno?) to get the list of commands and any caveats etc, since I haven't really done this before. :)