On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 03:49:43 -0700, Martin Aspeli <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

September 25, feature freeze (all features have been merged)
This worries me more. How complete must a review bundle be?

I'd like to put the bar at "useful and achievable". That is, we should
recommend a bundle if it looks like the functionality is architectually
sound and meets a real use case in a good way, and if we believe it can be done in time for the release. That will probably be dependent on the author
producing a plausible plan for how it will get done.
So maybe what I'm suggesting is that we put a bit more of the gap inbetween
bundle and merge, rather than put it before bundles are going in, and
encourage people to submit bundles that contain a clear plan, not just
near-finished code.

+100. It can't be timed the way it is currently suggested, nothing will be ready by that measure.

The idea is that people work on the bundles. Bundles can be rejected if they are found to be lacking, before the merge. I do agree that an early bundle date is good, since it makes it possible for people like me (who will likely be working on the UI for most of the bundles where needed) to participate much more easily.

http://plone.org/products/plone/roadmap suggests Wichert may have something
to do with that ;-)

Wichert is officially the release manager for 3.0, yes.