On 8/9/06, Wichert Akkerman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Previously Martin Aspeli wrote:
> Now that Wichert has been officially selected as release manager (and I
> whole-heartedly endorse that decision, he is a great choice), I'm wondering
> what that means for us.

The fact that I'm supposed to be one of the people advising me is a bit
odd. This makes me feel that perhaps the fwt should look for someone to
replace me. At least I'll withhold from voting in order to not have
conflicting roles.

I would say that your job as release manager doesn't really start
until after the Framework Team's job ends (e.g. after they give you
recommendations on products).  The fact that you are one of the people
involved in creating consensus on those recommendations isn't a
tremendous conflict in my mind.  However, if you are more comfortable
not participating, or participating only in case of a tie, that would
not be unreasonable.

Alec