Wichert Akkerman wrote:
Previously Martin Aspeli wrote:
Hi,

http://plone.org/products/plone/roadmap/117 (AJAX dep)
http://plone.org/products/plone/roadmap/116 (AJAX dep)
http://plone.org/products/plone/roadmap/163 (AJAX dep)
http://plone.org/products/plone/roadmap/124 (AJAX dep)
All of these are fairly obvious. There will naturally be tweaking and iterations of the implementation, but I think that these types of improvements can sometimes be done on trunk rather than in branches where they either would affect several other branches (e.g. a new widget that several new features may need) or where they are straightforward and/or easily reversible (e.g. a template change can be reverted without serious dependency breakage).

Let's see what does come in time for the deadline, but if some of these don't, I'd be +1 to seeing them done afterwards *provided* that the beta and RC deadlines are taken seriously!

They'll have to be done reasonably early in the alphas I think.

+1 - I think if we are pragmatic about risk and benefit, we shouldn't have too much trouble.

Pragmatically speaking, as Limi points out, it's also a bit unfair to penalise these PLIPs when we haven't got the AJAX story sorted out yet. There is still too much uncertainty to start on any of these in earnest.

Agreed.

+1

http://plone.org/products/plone/roadmap/176 (visual redesign pending)
If this is too invasive, it may be a bit risky and impact a lot of other PLIPs. If the changes are relatively minor or gradual, they may be OK. This sounds like branch work, though. :)

It's incredibly vague so we can't judge this one. Do we have any idea
when this might start to become clearer?

Agree. No ideas when this may happen, and I don't think it's a major problem if it doesn't make it for 3.0 either. Let's wait and see what comes out of Limi and Alma, and then we can judge.

Code-wide it should be fairly low impact though, so it can be developed
on a branch or on a seperate product and merged when we feel it's ready.

True. It's just one of those things that'd be incredibly nice to put on a release announcement.