Hey guys,

So, prepare yourselves. :) I'm going to try to break down the Bling and
KSS conundrum in a few different sections below. I think it's important
that we think through these issues, and that we get some debate going
fairly quickly. This is holding up other work, as you know.

First of all, I think we need to acknowledge that AJAX isn't something
we can just take lightly. We're talking about putting a lot more logic
into our front-end than what we've done so far, by making pages more
reactive, but also more complex. I've come to accept that there will be
a trade-off of features, flexibility and aesthetics.

So, since it probably got lost in the message - here's something that
would be very valuable for you to do:

- Read ajax.py, bling.js and some of the Bling demos (in skins/bling)
or some of the modified Archetypes field templates (field.pt,
string.pt for example)

- Look at the HTML source when viweing the 'view' and 'edit' tabs on
the Plone front page.

Think about how complex this is, and how well you understand what's
going on. Think about how maintainable it is, and how
extensible/open-ended it is.

- Look at the azax product/module in the KSS bundle.

- Look at the azaxdemos product to see some well-contained examples
of various patterns

Think about how complex this code is, and how maintainable it is. Try
to determine how solid it is. What maintenance risk are we exposing
ourselves to? Obviously, Balazs and Godefroid have shown a real
commitment to this model, which helps, but we still need to think
about what it means for the wider project.

Martin