On Mon, 2006-09-18 at 14:32 +0200, Vincenzo Di Somma wrote:
> Introduction
>
> The PLIP 127 suggests to clean up the content UI by moving the
> Properties to a grouped schemata on the edit screen to improve the
> usability of Plone (for details:
> http://plone.org/events/sprints/past-sprints/archipelagosprint/report/images/fieldsets.mov).
>

> Implementation
>
> The implementation touches the CMFPlone and the Archetypes packages.
> The CMFPlone part is very simple, looks nearly completed and presents
> no relevant risks.
> The part that involves Archetypes is basically the merge
> of dhtml-schemata branch and still need work to be completed.
> The grouping of properties like it appears on the video is not
> implemented yet.
>

> Conclusions
>
> The features proposed are a useful usability improvement
> that I would like to have in Plone but there is still work to be
> done on the product before the merge.

To a be a bit more specific, what is missing so far is

1) The grouping of the fields, completely missing in the bundle.

2) The content tabs should be refactored

3) Archetypes needs some work to have the new and the old behaviour
working correctly.

It doesn't seems to be a lot of work to me.

Thanks,

                vds

--
Vincenzo Di Somma