On Mon, 06 Nov 2006 00:20:35 +0100, Wichert Akkerman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Thanks for the review, I will fix the mentioned issues ASAP.

Finally something to think about: if we're extending things anyway,
would it be useful to add an option to request the icon in different
sizes? I can image that at some places in the UI you want to have a
large icon instead of a small one.

I'm not sure this should be added to getIcon directly. IMO the CA and the way I use it in getIcon makes it possible to declare a specific adapter for a template to override the default behaviour, so for example in folder_listing you could use 32x32 icons. We currently don't have different icon sizes, so what would happen if you request a bigger icon which doesn't exist? IMO we shouldn't add explicit size requests.

For limis idea of previews I would propose to add something similar to getIcon named getThumbnail. For this we should also add the possibility to request the size. Content types like file could even add previews for PDFs and other formats easily with this.

I wouldn't mix these two functions into one, it makes it too complicated IMO.

Regards,
Florian Schulze