On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 06:53:06 -0800, Martin Aspeli <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I'm a bit reluctant to do that because I don't want to maintain two
things at once.  Think plone_tableless.

The difference here is that it would be gone in Plone 3.5. No maintenance. Deprecation, but in a way that allows us to get the benefits earlier, and for people to have a way to use the old-style approach in the transition period.

You know as well as I do that people won't fix their products just because of a deprecation warning - they wait until they break, then fix. This would just accelerate that process, but in a less harmful way.