From: Balazs Ree <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Dec 1, 2006 1:52 PM
Subject: Re: azax merge, progress
To: Martin Aspeli <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi Martin,

2006. 11. 28, kedd keltezéssel 19.44-kor Martin Aspeli ezt írta:
> My objective would be: merge the templates, fix the tests, fix the
> remaining issues and merge in everything to trunk, before Friday.

Sounds right. If you're still having failing tests, then maybe you can
send me the test output and I'll see if I can make sense of it? Make
sure you send the entire output log, though - quite often the real
errors are quite far "up" :)

I could not make any progress this week, so again my own deadline is
shifted to the beginning of next week. I had some strict deadline
projects and it was absolutely necessary to have them this time, to
improve my financial situation a bit which was rather ruined as a
consequence of the US trip. I also will be away for the entire weekend:
next time when I get to Plone is Monday. Still, in case you or someone
else can do something, I summarize what can be done.

The bundles are in the review svn directory, they are branching off the
products that will finally be unified with core. They are supposed to
checkout if all is right. (Two dirs are needed, for products and one for
libpython.)

The todos are:

- Merge the templates. The templates are not merged yet, but they are
already in CMFPlone and Archetypes, in two skins plone_kss and at_kss.
The skins are currently before the other ones, so all works. There is
little changes to all skins, like adding an id and stuff. Those files
should all disappear and only a few will remain (kss, css, etc...) The
merging of the AT skins is more difficult, because we had to copy all
the skins in thw widget subdir, independently if we have changed them or
not, but that overwrites as a single unit in the skins. So you see a lot
of templates but not all of them are necessary changed.

- Fix the tests. There is one simple case. In plone.app,kss, one test
fails because Alec Mitchell started to use request.physicalPathFromURL,
but the TestRequest does not implement this method. Otherwise the app
runs correctly. Maybe the TestRequest needs to fake this method (we
actually have a subclass already, so it can be added there.) MAybe this
issue is known between the Zope developers, and they have a solution
too.

- A slight annoyance: every test is added twice to the suite, and if one
fails, it comes with a second error "AttributeError: global_defines". No
idea what causes this. The test setup needs some cleanup obviously.

- In archetypes.kss all tests fail, it may or may not be due to a simple
mistake that I did during the porting, but now I am not sure any more if
they run before the porting: (I remember "yes" but I would not bet on it
now). I would not suggest on working on this, especially since the
application works correctly, so again it is some test setup problem.
Wish I could understand what happened to the tests in Seattle.

Error in test testSaveField
(archetypes.kss.tests.test_fields.FieldsViewTestCase)
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "/usr/local/lib/zope2.10/lib/python/Testing/ZopeTestCase/profiler.py",
line 98, in __call__
   testMethod()
 File "/home/ree/work/kss/archetypes.kss.main/tests/test_fields.py",
line 80, in testSaveField
   result = view.saveField('title', 'My Title')
 File "/home/ree/work/kss/archetypes.kss.main/fields.py", line 109,
in saveField
   self.handle(ObjectEditedEvent(self.context, descriptor))
 File "/home/ree/work/azax/azax.merge/azaxview.py", line 133, in handle
 File "/usr/local/lib/zope2.10/lib/python/zope/event/__init__.py",
line 23, in notify
   subscriber(event)
 File "/usr/local/lib/zope2.10/lib/python/zope/component/event.py",
line 26, in dispatch
   for ignored in zope.component.subscribers(event, None):
 File "/usr/local/lib/zope2.10/lib/python/zope/component/_api.py",
line 130, in subscribers
   return sitemanager.subscribers(objects, interface)
 File "/usr/local/lib/zope2.10/lib/python/zope/component/registry.py",
line 290, in subscribers
   return self.adapters.subscribers(objects, provided)
 File "/usr/local/lib/zope2.10/lib/python/zope/interface/adapter.py",
line 535, in subscribers
   subscription(*objects)
 File "/home/ree/work/azax/azax.merge/azaxview.py", line 90, in
_eventRedispatcher
 File "/usr/local/lib/zope2.10/lib/python/zope/event/__init__.py",
line 23, in notify
   subscriber(event)
 File "/usr/local/lib/zope2.10/lib/python/zope/component/event.py",
line 26, in dispatch
   for ignored in zope.component.subscribers(event, None):
 File "/usr/local/lib/zope2.10/lib/python/zope/component/_api.py",
line 130, in subscribers
   return sitemanager.subscribers(objects, interface)
 File "/usr/local/lib/zope2.10/lib/python/zope/component/registry.py",
line 290, in subscribers
   return self.adapters.subscribers(objects, provided)
 File "/usr/local/lib/zope2.10/lib/python/zope/interface/adapter.py",
line 535, in subscribers
   subscription(*objects)
 File "globalui.py", line 10, in portal_tabs_reloader
   azax_event.view.macroContent('global_sections/macros/portal_tabs'))
 File "azaxview.py", line 51, in macroContent
   content = self.header_macros(the_macro=the_macro)
 File "/usr/local/lib/zope2.10/lib/python/Shared/DC/Scripts/Bindings.py",
line 313, in __call__
   return self._bindAndExec(args, kw, None)
 File "/usr/local/lib/zope2.10/lib/python/Shared/DC/Scripts/Bindings.py",
line 348, in _bindAndExec
   exec bindcode
 File "<string>", line 1, in ?
 File "/usr/local/lib/zope2.10/lib/python/Shared/DC/Scripts/Bindings.py",
line 293, in _getTraverseSubpath
   return self.REQUEST.other.get('traverse_subpath', [])
AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'other'

Summarizing, there is not much that keeps us away from the full merge,
if the templates are merged in the review brunch products, then the full
merge should be done asap in my opinion, because the further we wait,
the more changes will happen meanwhile.

So this is all, I try to look at it tonight but I am not sure, and I am
back on Monday.

Best wishes,

--
Balazs Ree jabber + email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
          ICQ: 75955071   AIM: reebalazs