initially seems to be working using ATDocument unaltered(no special fields, no special content). I need to do a bit more testing, but wicked's tests run against ATCT without issue(in 3 flavors: wicked for all AT text fields, just primary textfield for newsitem, event and document and document only). see: http://svn.plone.org/svn/collective/wicked/lib/wicked/trunk/wicked/plone/

what fields get the wicked treatment is current determined in zcml(the zcml marks the specific fields to enact behavior therefore has to happen act configuration time rather than via persistent component). This provides some flexibility, but later we may want to mark the fields more explicitly(say, in the content class itself). I chose the 3 configuration options above mainly to cess out possible problems; I imagine we would decide on a configuration to ship plone with, and then the intrepid could twiddle the zcml if they so desired.
Probably document-only.zcml would be the best default.

that leaves the controlpanel...which is about a third done...

night,

-w

begin:vcard
fn:D. Whitfield  Morriss
n:Morriss;D. Whitfield
org:The Open Planning Project;OpenPlans
adr:;;1309 Ashwood Ave;Nashville;TN;37212;USA
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:Lead Developer
tel;home:615 292-9142
tel;cell:415 710-8975