Whit,

You rock. :)

Will skim through the code today, but I'm very optimistic that we
should merge during the weekend.

I don't think having TTW configuration for which *fields* should get
the Wicked treatment makes much sense (too low level). Having a way to
turn the behaviour on/off and possibly change the syntax choice makes
sense.

But then what happens with documents using the "old" syntax? Maybe it
can be a multi-select rather than single select, so you get:

Wicked syntax:

[x] Wicked style ((words))
[ ] MediaWiki style [[words]]

And if you untick both, you get no wicked at all?

In any case, I say we enable by default for documents and people can
turn on for other things if need be. A slightly more ambitious
configuration solution would be that you have some vocabulary
(probably a utility vocabulary with a small utility for each possible
content type) that marks which content types can support wiki syntax
(the exact fields to use may be properties of the utility or set in
ZCML somewhere), and then you get another multi-select:

Wicked types:

[ ] News Item
[ ] Event
[x] Document

If for 3.0 we only get it on documents (but third parties can mark
whatever fields in their own ZCML) I don't think that's a great loss,
though.

Martin