+1(as a developer)

no word from dr. mauerer.

-w

Alexander Limi wrote:
Hi,

Currently, we have two dependencies that should be handled in a better way than they are now: AdvancedQuery and ZopeVersionControl.

I propose that we check these in to a directory for third-party components, the same way as Kapil did it when he had ZVC located in the ObjectRealms SVN. Something like this:

svn.plone.org/plone/thirdparty/AdvancedQuery/tags/2.2
svn.plone.org/plone/thirdparty/ZopeVersionControl/tags/0.3.2

(I'm offline right now, and can't remember if we have a suitable third-party directory or not — but you get the idea :)

...and then link these in as svn:externals. It's annoying (and error-prone, plus it doesn't work on Windows) to have to invoke a shell script to get these — as well as the fact that both of these products have been stable for a long long time. We can switch it back if/when they ever end up in a public SVN repository.

--Alexander Limi · http://limi.net

------ d. whit morriss ------
- senior engineer, opencore -
- http://www.openplans.org  -
- m: 415-710-8975           -

"If you don't know where you are, you don't know anything at all"
Dr. Edgar Spencer, Ph.D., 1995

begin:vcard
fn:D. Whitfield  Morriss
n:Morriss;D. Whitfield
org:The Open Planning Project;OpenPlans
adr:;;1309 Ashwood Ave;Nashville;TN;37212;USA
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:Lead Developer
tel;home:615 292-9142
tel;cell:415 710-8975