Hi,

Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously Alex Clark wrote:
>> On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 12:27:18AM +0100, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
>>> I have been looking at the new workflows in the CMFPlone
>>> aclrak-ui-sprint-workflow-integration branch and I'm afraid they aren't
>>> where they should be.
>
>>> Some things I noticed are:
>>> - there are no migration steps to create the new workflows
>> I don't think I follow... you mean migration steps from older versions of
>> Plone ?
>
> Yes: in migrations/v3_0/alphas.py there should be code which creates the
> new workflows in the portal_workflow tool, along with a test in
> test/testMigrations.py to test that.

Do we really want to update existing sites? They already have their
customized workflows and I don't quite see why we should pollute their
workflow tools with any new ones.

For any a bit more advanced site admin it should be easy to change their
existing workflows through the workflow tool already. I see the
additional workflows more as a way to show off Plone capabilities in
this matter for new users and let those pick a workflow that's closer to
their needs immediately after site creation.

But of course my perspective might be a bit uncommon here, as changing
the workflow is one of the first things I do after site creation.

Hanno