On Fri, 02 Mar 2007 15:51:47 -0800, Martin Aspeli <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Note that the original idea, if I remember limi's slides right, was that it'd look like an edit box on hover, and you'd click to position your cursor *where you clicked*. That'd be very slick and seamless.

Correct. I think we don't have a handler for getting the focus to be exactly where you clicked yet, but I believe we can focus the field, at least. This will make things almost perfect, and we'll have to wait until a later release of KSS to get the precise cursor positioning.

I'm not wedded to the idea, though. I think it needs user testing. For example, Shift+Click is too obscure IMHO, and I don't know very many non-geeks who double- or triple-click things (or know that they even can) to select text. :)

Right, the whole reason why I kept pushing this before the beta is because I want to see how people respond to it. Godefroid has been kicking ass lately, and it's 95% of the way there (still missing: focus on click + support save on enter in one-line fields).

--
Alexander Limi ยท http://limi.net