Hi,

Could we please remove PloneErrorReporting from Plone 3.0?

- Everybody ends up installing it in their sites, meaning their users get pages and pages of error messages.

- Sending people to the Plone issue tracker when something goes wrong on random site XYZ.com is not very useful.

- It's another thing to keep track of and update/release.

- It was never proposed in a proper manner, it suddenly showed up in a release somewhere along the line, and nobody took it out.

Related, I want to do the following to minimize the information disclosure and potential security problems, as well as making the error page friendlier:

http://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/6277

Should be a very straightforward sprint task for the people there this week. :)

--
Alexander Limi ยท http://limi.net