Alexander Limi wrote:
On Wed, 06 Jun 2007 17:18:23 -0700, Martin Aspeli <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

This is a bit late in the game, but I'd like to offer for consideration whether we should move footer.pt and colophon.pt to viewlets?

Why?

Because custom skins very often want to hide these. With the (incredibly cool) new viewlet manager from fschulze, we could make this very easy. As it stands, you still need to customise both of these (and/or main_template) to remove/change them.

Thoughts?

I thought this was already the case, but you're right — it's not, I just checked. Right now, there is a viewlet manager showing a footer viewlet, but the footer isn't actually inside of it. I'd consider this a bug, not a new feature. :)

Related, I'm also rethinking how to do the document actions to make sure it's possible to have a product that works and looks right on both 2.5 and 3.0.
As soon as your customizations involve using the viewlets machinery, having a theme compatible with both Plone 2.5 and Plone 3.0 is impossible.

 At the moment, you will get duplication and/or the new
document  actions in the wrong location, depending on how you look at it.