Martin Aspeli wrote:
This is a bit late in the game, but I'd like to offer for consideration whether we should move footer.pt and colophon.pt to viewlets?

Why?

Because custom skins very often want to hide these. With the (incredibly cool) new viewlet manager from fschulze, we could make this very easy. As it stands, you still need to customise both of these (and/or main_template) to remove/change them.

Wiggy gave me the go-ahead on IRC, so I've done this now. The old includes are in plone_deprecated, so anyone who'd customised main_template before this change should still be OK. We are now pretty consistent in our use of viewlet managers, and it's looking pretty good.

Martin

--
Acquisition is a jealous mistress