I have prepared a review bundle for PLIP 195:

    https://svn.plone.org/svn/plone/review/plip195-dependencies

this is a standard buildout, so you can get everything up and running
using the standard mantra:

   svn co https://svn.plone.org/svn/plone/review/plip195-dependencies
   cd plip195-dependencies
   python2.4 bootstrap.py
   bin/buildout
   bin/instance fg

aside from the updated GenericSetup and CMFQuickInstallerTool I added
two very trivial products that demonstrate the dependency support. If
you install ProductOne you should see ProductTwo appear automatically.

While testing this I ran into a problem we currently see with
portal_setup: the setup tool is currently registered as a utility. This
means that it you access it through getToolByName and import a profile
none of the import steps will be able to use self.REQUEST. I added
a work-around for that (see the XXX comment) in this review bundle, but
we need to fix that in Plone 3.0 as well.

Wichert.

--
Wichert Akkerman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    It is simple to make things.