Malthe Borch wrote:
If this belongs in Plone, then it's pretty much ready for inclusion.

   http://plone.org/products/plone/roadmap/216

I do quite like this approach. I think it brings back some of the "convention over configuration" we've been moving away from.

Does this conflict in any way with CacheFu? I say that because IIRC it monkey patches pt_render() and IIRC so does CacheFu. Not a criticism, just something to watch out for.

My only concern would be whether this ties us into an implementation that we could want to solve differently in the future, e.g. using named template adapters. Again, not a criticism, it just needs to be thought through.