On Dec 14, 2007, at 9:20 AM, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
Previously Alec Mitchell wrote:
Yes, but that's something we should be trying to fix (with better
compression on the RR ot KSS side, or just by encouraging people to
enable mod_deflate on their apache setup).  People are going to want
KSS-based functionality for anonymous users (even if Plone doesn't use
any right now).

Fully agreed, however that requires larger changes than we can do in
3.1.

imho, unifying the js approaches is something we really ought to do, and enabling kss for anonymous users would also be a plus. however, i have to agree with wichert here that this would be too invasive for 3.1. it would make great PLIPs for 4.0, though... ;)

zeidler it consulting - http://zitc.de/ - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
friedelstra├če 31 - 12047 berlin - telefon +49 30 25563779