On Dec 13, 2007, at 1:19 PM, Andreas Zeidler wrote:
On Dec 2, 2007, at 6:19 PM, Martin Aspeli wrote:
1. http://plone.org/products/plone/roadmap/184 - Ship additional portlets

+1 as this is purely add-on functionality and contains no risks other than maybe confusing users if done in a non-intuitive way. having that said i think the "use document as portlet" approach makes sense, since it would save us from a lot of extra code or duplication. an easy way to turn a "page" or even an arbitrary content item into a portlet and thereby (optionally) hide it from the navigation and folder listing would be great to have, although the latter, i.e. the generic assignment, might require too many changes for 3.1.

having finally worked my way through that (very interesting) thread, i'd like to slightly revise my reply in saying that i'm +1 for including the "simple" solution, and -1 on the "referenced content portlet". that's because i think this should — as mentioned before — be approached in a more generic way and hopefully make it into 4.0. introducing such a portlet now just to completely obsolete it again for 4.0 would be confusing and therefore doesn't really make sense to me.

however, if martin has code ready for this, or nearly ready, it could of course be turned into a possibly very helpful add-on for the time being.

cheers,

zeidler it consulting - http://zitc.de/ - [EMAIL PROTECTED]