On Dec 21, 2007, at 12:51 AM, Martin Aspeli wrote:
Hi guys,

hi there :),

How do you feel about a "lite" review bundle that basically is just an instruction like "Use ploneout 3.0 branch and svn switch src/ plone.app.portlets to the following URL"? Perhaps it's a good alternative for you guys in cases where there's only one package that's changed?

i'm fine with that, even though i think wichert's suggestion of a buildout based on plone.recipe.plone would be more convenient. that way things take up very little space and time to set up, but are still nicely manageable in separate directories. i kinda like being able to just leave things untouched in their own directory to be sure nothing has changed accidentally. also, with plone.recipe.plone we can easily avoid potential conflicts (in the rest of plone) due to "svn upping" at different times...

- PLIP 203 makes it possible to register portlets using plone.app.portlets. I'd say that if and when it's accepted, we should use this for Plone's own portlets (in portlets.xml), to save some Python code in setuphandlers.py.

+1

However, I'd prefer to do this after the PLIP has been merged. It's a zero-risk thing: if we don't get around to it, the current setup will work just fine and users will never notice the difference. It just saves me managing yet another branch and saves you reviewing and merging yet another branch. IMHO, branching CMFPlone should be avoided if possible, since this quickly leads to a merge headache or things drifting out of synch in review bundles. What do you prefer?

i'd agree and trust you to change it properly after the #203 has been merged. i'd assume there are or will be enough tests to make things are working anyway. and just in case there will be too little time, that change could also make it into 3.1.1, imho.

cheers,

andi

--
zeidler it consulting - http://zitc.de/ - [EMAIL PROTECTED]