On Jan 29, 2008, at 11:11 AM, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
I get the impression that the framework team is not going to be able to meet the current deadline.

ok, obviously coming up with an overview took me way longer than i thought, since i could again only work on and off today. anyway, here it is: only one plip, namely #195: "Support product dependencies", has been reviewed so far, thanks to raphael and tom (see https://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/7733) . then, no review bundles have been submitted for the following plips:

    #196 — see https://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/7734
    #210 — see https://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/7745
    #211 — see https://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/7746
    #215 — see https://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/7749
    #216 — see https://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/7750
    #219 — see https://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/7753
    #221 — see https://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/7755

i've closed these tickets while cc'ing the plip authors in case they'd like to comment (of course choosing to not do so is perfectly fine as well). all other plips still need to be reviewed — the list of pending reviews can be found at http://tinyurl.com/39aqyq

in other words, that's 16 reviews to go with only four days left according to the original schedule. i think despite some of the plips being really small i'm gonna have to agree with wichert that this seems pretty unrealistic, especially considering that everybody seems to be quite busy atm.

Instead of me setting a deadline lets try to reverse things: once you have made a list and distributed the reviews amongst the framework team members can you give me a reasonably deadline when all reviews can be finished?

first of all, +1. as i've said above, i don't think things will be ready until saturday, and imho we cannot compensate for losing review resources (i.e. martijn) either. so, could every team member please respond asap to let us know what the status is and until when they can finished their shares of reviews?! of course, to answer the second part we first need to distribute those 16 review. however, as i don't think anyone would be too happy to go ahead and do this for you, you should initially each grab at least three of them yourselves:

* raphael, you've offered to look at martin's plips — is that still valid? i know they're probably a more substantial ones, so i suppose you could leave one or two for someone else * martijn, when will you be able to work on this again? and do you have any preferences about what plips you'd like to review? * tom, i know you were still planning to do the reviews this week, so how much time will you have for this? * danny, could you perhaps go through to see what you think would be okay for you, i.e. not too technical, and grab those?

in case there are tickets left unassigned by tomorrow afternoon, say 2pm, i'll try to come up with some suggestions for assigning them, in which case you'll have to take care of finding good reasons to pass those reviews on yourselves... ;)

cheers,

zeidler it consulting - http://zitc.de/ - [EMAIL PROTECTED]