On Feb 1, 2008, at 1:02 PM, Tom Lazar wrote:
On 01.02.2008, at 12:07, Andreas Zeidler wrote:
yes, i'm very much aware of these problems having used pyflakes myself for quite some time now. that's one of the reasons i'm bringing this up here (instead of starting to "weed" away on trunk :)).

given the aforementioned possibility of 3rd party breakage i think it's plain that 'pyflakes sanity' is a no-go for 3.1 but perhaps for 4.0?

well, there's no PLIP for 3.1 regarding this anyway... ;) but as i said, even for 4.0 it's likely to cause extra maintenance work. i'll look into `zope.deferredimport` though, as martin suggested...

ah, well, one can dream... ;-)

:)

andi

p.s. i made statusmessages 'pyflakes-sane' when you introduced pyflakes to me at the labelfinder and right after hanno visited us there and helped me fix a bug in it ;-)

ah, that was you!? cool. i thought it must have been hanno — just looked so much like him... :)

--
zeidler it consulting - http://zitc.de/ - [EMAIL PROTECTED]