On Feb 15, 2008, at 10:34 AM, Tom Lazar wrote:
interesting point. maybe that's what's holding me back personally
(only finished one review up until now, buildout of the second one
running as i'm writing this). i was under the impression that a review
consisted of 'serious QA',

so did i...

ie. hunting down the individual revisions
that make up the plip and looking at the diffs; doing manual
clicktests on FF, Safari, Win IE 6/7, including migrations then
discussing any bugs that come up with the author and see their fixes
through until resolution (with possibly bouncing unacceptable fixes
back to the author once or twice).

...and that's basically what i tried to do with my reviews.

that stuff can amount to some serious time, i can tell you.

indeed, mine took me something between two and four or maybe even five hours each.

but OTOH
i've read things like, "it usually only takes 20-30 minutes" for a
review, what gives?

i suppose this also needs a better definition in terms of how deep a review is supposed to go.

maybe i'm just taking this *too* seriously and thereby (ironically)
actually holding the whole process *back*.

i wouldn't necessarily think so — like i said, it was the same for me.

anyway, i'd be interested to hear some feedback on this, in the
meantime i'll be doing another review ;-)

hth,

andi

--
zeidler it consulting - http://zitc.de/ - [EMAIL PROTECTED]