On 18 feb 2008, at 15:42, Sidnei da Silva wrote:

We could either:

- Display the 'contents' of a 'smart folder' and allow for
downloading them. The problem might be that since they are not
directly contained inside that 'smart folder', maybe some WebDAV
clients will complain that the URLs for those items are not 'contained
in' the parent.
- Serialize the criteria for the 'smart folder', and display it as
non-folderish.

that seems to make most sense to me at the moment

That == ?

Can't you expose smart folders as read only folders? So you can drag things out of it but nothing into it? That is what I would expect. In fact, if I make a smart folder in Mac OS Finder, afaik I can not add anything to it but I can drag files out of it.

Another issue is, when you upload a file to a 'smart folder', where
should this file end up?

I'm not sure we should even try this.

Why not?

My suggestion solves that part :)