Thanks very much for the report Raphael. I'm going to treat this as the
official recommendatation of the framework team.

Some quick comments:

Previously Raphael Ritz wrote:
> PLIP #201: Improve the UberSelectionWidget UI
> http://plone.org/products/plone/roadmap/203
> https://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/7736
>
> Don't know, seems to me this might be deferred to 3.2
> It does seem to look good already though.
> At those who looked more closely at it:
> what do you really recommend by now?

I talked with Florian and Danny yesterday and tried it myself as well:
at this moment USW is not ready yet so it'll be deferred.

> PLIP #202: Support inline validation and editing for formlib forms
> http://plone.org/products/plone/roadmap/203
> https://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/7737
>
> +4 - but there is still some debate about what's the
> best way to handle the portal status message. Once this
> is sorted out (and implemented) it's ready for merge

I agree with Danny that that must be fixed before merge.

> PLIP #203: Manage portlet assignments with GenericSetup
> http://plone.org/products/plone/roadmap/203
> https://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/7738
>
> +3 - but before merge the encoding issue should be fixed
>     (Martin might look at this later today)

Must be fixed - this can break export on sites where export currently
works.

> PLIP #204: Manage content rules using GenericSetup
> http://plone.org/products/plone/roadmap/204
> https://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/7739
>
> +3 - but before merge the encoding issue should be fixed
>     (Martin might look at this later today)

Must be fixed - this can break export on sites where export currently
works.

> PLIP #209: Add buildout to Unified Installer
> http://plone.org/products/plone/roadmap/209
> https://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/7744
>
> +3 ready for merge
>
>   but just so we don't forget: after merge we should again
>   double-check that we don't give wrong advice to people
>   about where to put add-on products in the file system
>   in the Plone add-on products config panel
>   (and maybe make it more obvious how to install eggs)

SteveM contaced me about that yesterday and we agreed that the behaviour
in Plone will change here: if it detects that it is run from a buildout
(which we can easily see from the path) we will direct users to Martin's
third party add-on tutorial on plone.org.

> PLIP #212: Use jQuery Javascript Library
> http://plone.org/products/plone/roadmap/212
> https://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/7747
>
> +3 - but it seems there are a few little glitches still
>     that may need some attention
>     check back with danny and martijn before merging

>From what I've seen so far those glitches have been correctly ported
from the current non-jquery codebase, so they should not prevent a
merge.

Wichert.

--
Wichert Akkerman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    It is simple to make things.